Re: real player version 7

On Sunday 08 April 2001 09:09, AR wrote:
> I need the rpm real player 7, for 2 reasons: It is the version that the
> debian installer requests, and it is the version that is supposed to
> work with vsound. But in www.real.com they have now  version 8. Does any
> one know where it can be fetched from, or can some one make it available
> for download?

I went through a similar version mismatch problem installing realplayer some
time ago.  At the time the name of the binary file available from real.com
and the filename expected by the installer were only different by one
character.  I just renamed the downloaded file to match what the installer
expected.  It installed without complaint and seems to work just fine.  YMMV,
but it's worth a try.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.