Re: 2.4.3 + X 4.0.2 + star office = dead box

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 12:12:26PM -0400, Jeff@meta-craft.com wrote:
> not quite sure who to blame on this one, x? kernel? star office?
> whenever I start up star office installer, machine bombs.
> if I export my display from remote host -> troubled box and run star
> office from remote host, troubled box bombs.

I bet you're running out of memory.  StarOffice is really a hog.

Try running an xosview and watching your usage creep up.  If you're
really desperate to use StarOffice, try adding an extra swapfile as
described in mkswap(8) and swapon(8).

Why you say you no bunny rabbit when you have little powder-puff tail?
		-- The Tasmanian Devil