RE: Shutdown

Well, I don't really see anything wrong with the IRQ's.  Hmmm.  I took a
stab at it, and I was wrong.  Are you doing the same thing when the system
freezes?  If you're running X, try running top in a window so that the top
system users are displayed.  Maybe you can get a handle on the offending
package that way.  Good luck.
-mk