Re: [MAPS #33478] Re: Whats goin on?

On 3 Apr 2001, Alan Shutko wrote:

> Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin@vivaldi.ddts.net> writes:
>
> > They want to block the whole IP's which are dynamic so they can not
> > send mail anymore so every guy in the internet will have to depend
> > upon a third-party mail relay to send mail
[..]
> "Your ISP gives you a mailserver through which to relay mail.  Set a
> smarthost and get over it."

Do they? I can name at least one which may not (depending on the
tarif you choose). They might provide a newsserver as well, but it
doesn't mean you are forced to use it, either to read or post.

> Why isn't that sufficient for you?

Because that is not the way the internet works[1].

[1] You may substitute "should work" if you prefer.
--
Gary
Debian 2.1r4 (kernel v2.0.39); XFree86 3.3.6