Re: VMware

> Elfert wrote:

> "The directory of kernel headers (version 2.4.0) does not match your running
> kernel (version 2.2.18)  Consequently even if the compilation of the module
> was successful, the module would load into the running kernel."

be sure you have the source packages installed for the kernel your using.
ive never tried vmware with the stock debian kernel but ive run it on dozens
of machines with my own self compiled kernels with perfect success. vmware
is so stable it makes me sick. its NEVER crashed in almost 2 years of
(IMO) intensive usage! tried corel linux, caldera, redhat, debian, solaris
7, nt, win95, win98, win98se, freebsd, and all of them worked great!(as
a guest OS of course).

if all else fails compile a fresh kernel. i use the tar.gz file to install
vmware from, i do not think the rpm is compadble even after doing
an alien on it.(last time i tried it failed pretty bad)

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336