Setting lynx up to deal with a proxy server

Dear Debian Group,

My ISP uses a proxy server and so prevents Lynx from working properly (or at
least that was a possiblility that someone else suggested). I know for sure
that my ISP uses a proxy server as they told me themselves. Please tell me
what information I need from my ISP and then where to change it in the Lynx
configuration files.

Thank you very much,
Ry

P.S. I'm also curious as to why Lynx doesn't work, only now after I am using
it under Debian. When I used it under SuSE (Lynx was also an older version
when I used it under SuSE) it worked fine with the same proxy server and ISP
without any editing of the configuration files.