Re: Setting lynx up to deal with a proxy server
- To: Debian Users <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Setting lynx up to deal with a proxy server
- From: Morten Bo Johansen <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 20:40:38 +0200
- Message-id: <20010402204038.A14022@olafrye.dyndns.org>
- In-reply-to: <001701c0bb9b$af460320$1e6caecf@simmonsdavis>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 07:38:59PM +0200
- References: <001701c0bb9b$af460320$1e6caecf@simmonsdavis>
Simmons-Davis <email@example.com> wrote:
> My ISP uses a proxy server and so prevents Lynx from working
> properly (or at least that was a possiblility that someone else
> suggested). I know for sure that my ISP uses a proxy server as
> they told me themselves. Please tell me what information I need
> from my ISP and then where to change it in the Lynx
> configuration files.
In what way does it not work? You must be more specific than
that if people are supposed to be able to help.
Your ISP would never require you to use their proxy server but
they most cetainly offer you to make use of one.
So it's not where your problem's at..
"Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast. In the pool where
you least expect it, will be a fish." (Ovid)