Re: Still problems mounting cdroms and floppies

Next time don't change the subject of your email if you talk about the same thing. It makes it harder to associate emails.

> /dev/hdc /cdrom iso9660 noauto,users 0 2

I have
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto 0 0
here. I think this is better. defaults and ro belong here.
Check if your CD drive is really connected to the second IDE channel and configured as master (this is what hdc means). If /dev/cdrom is a link to /dev/hdc, you can put in /dev/cdrom. But this is not the problem.

> /dev/fd0 /floppy msdos noauto,users 0 2

I have
/dev/fd0 /floppy auto defaults,user,noauto 0 0 here. It's a good idea to replace the 'msdos' by 'auto', like I have. Again, 'defaults' should be present. The last number means when the filesystem will be checked. You can put a 0 in there because removable media does not have to be checked at reboot. Same goes for the CD drive. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

For more information read
info fstab
and
info mount