Re: dpkg can't find ldconfig?

Thanks to everyone for the responses!

I think I know what caused the problem, but fixing it is still a
mystery.  I tried installing mcrypt at one point, which required libc6
2.2.1-2 or greater (a newer version than the one in potato).  Later on,
when I tried to install something via gnome-apt, it wanted to put the
libc6 that came with potato back.  Innocently, I believed it'd just
replace everything the way it was ... I think ldso got dumped in that
process.  I have since reinstalled Ximian Gnome, so I figured that apt
was working okay (Ximian's install uses apt), but now it doesn't seem
like I can install anything.

Any suggestions on how I should proceed?  Should I reformat and start
over or try to install ldso manually? Or maybe there's a better idea?

Thanks!

Jen