Re: #!/bin/bash

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 05:33:42PM +0200, Matus fantomas Uhlar wrote:
> is it ok when acripts start with #!/bin/bash even if they shouldn't ?
[...]
> echo -ne "blahblah\n"
> echo "blahblah"
>
> (wtf do we need the first?)

It took me a second to see your point here; echo -ne "\n" is pretty silly.

> shouldn't maintainers use scripts that don't require bash?

Even though I like and use bash, I agree with you that install scripts
should work with any bourne-compatible shell.  Perhaps you could
inform the developers by filing bugs against these packages.

Rob

--
Q:	What's tan and black and looks great on a lawyer?
A:	A doberman.