Re: XFree

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 09:39:03PM +0200, Robert Voigt wrote:
> I had similar problems with the mouse. I solved it by uninstalling gpm.

Not sure what the original question was, but I'd recommend against
this if possible; you'll want gpm if X ever breaks and you find
yourself needing to cut and paste from the console.

I have X reading my mouse from /dev/gpmdata instead of /dev/psaux; gpm
is passing raw data so I use the original mouse protocol.

Just my $0.02.

Rob

--
<joost> Do you mean to say that I can read mail with vi too? ;-)
<Joey> Didn't you know that?