Re: pyton & perl

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 07:16:18PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:

> >     my @files = sort
> >                 map { $dir . "/$_" }
> >                 grep { !/^\./ }
> >                 readdir DIR;
> >
> >     I find this far more readable, but that's me.
>
>   consider having all the indends the same (just think about it)
>
>   something along these lines:
>
> my @files = sort
>   map { $dir . "/$_" }
>   grep { !/^\./ }
>   readdir DIR;

    Personally, I find mine more consistent than yours, but that's me. My
point was that Perl gives you the option to split long lines intelligently.
The acrobatics you have to go through to split longs lines in Python are a
pain, IMHO. I have the same complaint about Tcl, having to use \  characters
to continue lines.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a