Re: pyton & perl

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 06:33:36PM -0800, Robert Cymbala wrote:

> Why Python?
> Cardinal Biggles had Eric, the infidel, in the comfy chair for over
>   four hours before wringing this confession from him...
> by Eric S. Raymond
>
> http://www2.linuxjournal.com/cgi-bin/frames.pl/lj-issues/issue73/3882.html

    Whatever. It won't be the first time I've disagreed with ESR. I can agree
in some respects with his complaints about Perl, having personally written
7000+ line Perl projects, but it mostly sounds like his projects lacked good
coding standards, which solved my problems. The majority of these standards
involved telling everyone on my project to read the Perl style guide. *shrug*

    Bad code is always possible. I like both languages, but it's not like
choosing one is some monumental, life-altering decision. "From now on, I will
do everything in Python!" Such a decision would be moronic, as it would
prevent one from using the right tool for each task.

    Cheers,

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a