Re: Setting defaults size for Xemacs,netscape windows

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, scanagar@canax2.onu.edu wrote:
>  Hi:
>
>    I don't seem to be able to find in any of the documentation
>    precisely where the applications get their geometry from. For
>    examply the size of the window for xemacs, netscape and so on.
>    There does not seem to be any mention of geometry in
>    /etc/X11/app-defaults files. I run olvwm with virtual desktops
>    but I would like to have the windows the size of the screen. I can
>    clearly fix these on the command line, but I would like to set a
>    default.

Sebastian, you need to put some stuff either into ~/.Xresources (if you
use an .xsesion file) or ~/.Xdefaults.  Because they are in your home
directory they should not change with an upgrade.  Here's mine as a very
unambitious specimen - corrections welcome!

! Editor stuff
!emacs20*Background: VioletRed4
! emacs20*Background: DarkRed
emacs20*Background:  MidnightBlue
emacs20*Foreground: CornflowerBlue

emacs20*pointerColor: Red
emacs20*cursorColor: Orchid
emacs20*bitmapIcon: on
!!emacs20*font: 10x20
emacs20*font: 7x14
emacs20.geometry: 80x30+90+14
emacs20.verticalScrollBars:                               off

Vim.geometry: 80x40+125+14

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
! xterm (and friends)

XTerm*highlightSelection:  true
! Uncomment this to use color for the bold attribute
XTerm*VT100*colorBDMode:  on
Term*VT100*colorBD:  pink
! Uncomment this to use color for underline attribute
XTerm.VT100*colorULMode:  on
XTerm.VT100*underLine:  off
XTerm*VT100*colorUL:  magenta
! Uncomment this to display the scrollbar
! XTerm*scrollBar:  true
XTerm*cursorColor:	red
! This resource specifies whether or not to ignore the 'alternate screen'
! of applications such as vi.  When it is on, these applications will restore
! the contents of the screen when they are exited to what they were before
! they were started.  When it is off, the contents of vi will remain on the
! screen after the program is quit.
XTerm.VT100.titeInhibit:  true

! Uncomment this to turn off color mode in your xterms
!XTerm.VT100*colorMode:  off
XTerm.VT100*dynamicColors:  on

! Number of lines of scrollback to save
XTerm*saveLines:	1500

xterm*reverseWrap:	true

*visualBell:		true
*scrollTtyOutput:	False
*scrollKey:		True
Scrollbar.JumpCursor:	True

!  And the gorgeous aterm!
Aterm.foreground:  white
Aterm*scrollbar:   false

! Suppr support.
*VT100.Translations: #override \
<Key>BackSpace: string(0x7F)\n\
<Key>Delete: string("\033[3~")\n\
<Key>Home: string("\033[1~")\n\
<Key>End: string("\033[4~")

! The evil Netscape!
Netscape*toolBar.myshopping.isEnabled: false
Netscape*toolBar.destinations.isEnabled: false
Netscape*toolBar.search.isEnabled: false
Netscape*toolBar.viewSecurity.isEnabled: false
Netscape*toolBar.home.isEnabled: false
Netscape*toolBar.print.isEnabled: false

Netscape*toolBar.userCommand1.commandName: findInObject
Netscape*toolBar.userCommand1.labelString: Find
Netscape*toolBar.userCommand1.commandIcon: Search

Netscape*fontList: nexus
Netscape*XmTextField.fontList: nexus

HTH

Glyn M