Re: Upgrade advantage in Debian vrs. RedHat

Darryl RXthering wrote:

> Can someone explain the advantage many see in Debian upgrades vrs. RedHat?
> To take a concrete example, lets say I planned to start upgrading my home
> throwaway box (where I put up slink a few years back).

For a concrete example, someone reported a bind security problem
recently, and I did:

apt-get install bind

thus fetching the updated package from security.debian.org.

1 second to type one command, and about a minute to watch and see if the
upgrade went OK.  It even stopped and started the named daemon on its
own.

I would be really surprised if RedHat does all that.