RE: setting up autofs

if you have used apt-get to install autofs, you can out-of-the box just

   cd /var/autofs/misc/floppy

if you want to get to it from /floppy, you could

   ln -s /var/autofs/misc/floppy /floppy

if don't really want to bother with the /etc/auto.master and /etc/auto.misc
files...
but if you do, just

   man autofs

it is pretty simple, really :)