Re: (OT) - Static electricity grounding device?

Hi jh!

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, jh wrote:
> Hi. Does anyone know how or have a link to building your own grounding
> device that could attach to your wrist for hardware upgrades? I live in a
> very small town with no way to get one quickly. I know there are places
> online that sell them. Hoping to make something that would do the same job.
> I am in the process of upgrading my motherboard and don't want to take any
> chances. Thank you. -Jeff H

Coating soft Grafitti over a strap of paper so as to create a strip of
conductive material (that must touch your skin when you wrap it around your
wrist) and soldering a copper wire to the grafitti stripe to plug into a
grounding point should work.

Be *very* wary of plugging that wire in non-trustable grounds. You could be
eletrocutated if there is ground return (either due to electrical
installation fault or a lightning bolt). Consider yourself warned.

  Henrique Holschuh