Re: (OT) - Static electricity grounding device?

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, jh wrote:

> I am in the process of upgrading my motherboard and don't want to take any
> chances. Thank you. -Jeff H

It's all about the environment in which you're performing the surgery.  Do
it in a room with no carpet.  Don't wear big wool clothes that rub
together.  Short sleeves and a very bright open space is the best.  Touch
the case of your tower and de-zap yourself before you touch
components.  I've never had a problem that I've created with static
electricity and I'm always in the guts of my machines at home and work.