Reverting package installation state

Hi,

I accidentally hit the wrong keys in dselect (really one of the most
user-hostile and dangerous programs that I know) and now half of my
system is marked for uninstallation. Because I did not notice it at first
I immediately hit Install, didn't read the information about which
pacakges will be removed, but pressed ctrl-c quickly after seeing that
the wrong packages were beeing removed. Now, I have two questions:

1. Where do I find a logfile which contains the last actions undertaken by
   dselect (actually dpkg)?

2. I want to turn off all removal reuquests in the package list. How can
   this be accomplished (shift-r doesn't work anymore)?

TIA,

Felix