Re: Star Office

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 05:13:47PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> What version of abiword are you using?  I'm running 0.7 under
> unstable/testing, and it's definitely tolerable for light use.  It's
> mostly what I pull out to do something that involves short text and
> hardcopy -- a letter, say.
>
> Version: 0.7.13-0.2

Version: 0.7.12-0.ximian.2

for the absolute lightest of work (ie plain text) its fine, but if all
your doing is plain text nedit is far more reliable.

i would probably be running unstable on that box if i had faster
internet connection, atm i just don't fancy the idea of a 20MB
download a day or a 60MB download a week.  i would LOVE to get rid of
this ximian crap though.

> I've used DocBook for a couple of projects, and prefer LaTeX for
> generalized typeset output myself as well.  For Real Work they're the
> Right Tools, IMO.

except for someone who isn't interested in learning them, latex is
fine for me, but not for the user of the computer in question.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/