Mounting Linux 2.4 NFS share on an OpenBSD 2.8 machine

Hi folks,

I have an OpenBSD 2.8 machine that I've been building up, and is sitting
on my LAN. I want to back it up, so I was intending to mount a directory
from my Debain GNU/Linux (Testing with 2.4.1-ac2) onto the BSD box.

I added "/tmp" to the exports file:

# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
#		to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
/null		localhost
/tmp 192.168.13.0/255.255.255.0(rw)
# Automatically added for use by cfs
/.cfsfs localhost(rw)  # Cryptographic Filesystem export

And restared /etc/init.d/nfs-server.

I went to the BSD box (narcolepsy), and ran:

[narcolepsy:~]% mount rei:/tmp /mnt
mount_nfs: can't access /tmp: Permission denied

On my Debian box (rei), I got the following in the logs:

Mar 25 12:06:49 rei mountd[18186]: NFS mount of /tmp attempted from
192.168.13.70
Mar 25 12:06:49 rei mountd[18186]: NFS request from
narcolepsy originated on insecure port, psychoanalysis suggested
Mar 25 12:06:49 rei mountd[18186]: Blocked attempt of 192.168.13.70 to
mount /tmp

I didn't think that there was anything particularly strange about what I
did, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm not sure what it means by "insecure
port", and whether it's a BSD or Linux issue. I'm a lot more familiar
with Linux than BSD, FWIW.

I have the following in /etc/hosts.allow

ALL: 192.168.13.0/255.255.255.0

which would hopefully not stop narcolepsy (192.168.13.70) to accessing
it.

Any suggestions or pointers to appropriate documentation would be
greatly appreciated.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,