Re: how to edit the kernel....make menuconfig???

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Shawn Yarbrough wrote:

> Use the 'kernel-source' packages and you will get extra features and
> bugfixes patched in by Debian which are not in stock Linux.  For example
> 'kernel-source-2.2.18pre21'.  When installed the archive gets put into

Is this anything like  RedHat's customized kernels? My experience with
those was that the headers were broken in a subtle but deep way,
so  that third-party  kernel  module source,  for  example, would  not
compile.

If these Debian patches are so  great, why aren't they in the official
kernel source?

There's too many Unixes as it is, why have more than one Linux?

-chris