Re: Problem reading Windows CDR

Alexander Poquet wrote:
> However, I was unable to play the MP3s off the CD -- I presumed this was
> because I have an old computer whose CD read speed was simply too slow.

How slow?

I used to have problems reading some (not all) CD-Rs with my old 2x
cdrom. The problem was just that the drive was not designed to read
those CDs -- it was just too old. I suspect that the varying amounts of
success I had (ie some CDRs worked, others didn't) was due to the dye
types used in the different CDRs. I never worked out which dyes were
better than others. Now I have a cdrom that reads everything (including
CDRWs) so there's no problem.