Re: Broken Debconf::Question on woody after -u upgrade

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 11:59:58AM -0800, Corwin Grey wrote:

> After performing an apt-get -u upgrade today, I have a broken debconf, which
> is keeping me from configuring a number of packages. I haven't done an upgrade
> for about three weeks.
>
> Everything in the upgrade appeared to go normally until it started to install
> debconf. I get the following error:
>
> <snip>
> Setting up debconf (0.2.80.17) ...
> Can't locate object method "value" via package "Debconf::Question" at /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Config.pm line 76.
> dpkg: error processing debconf (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
> </snip>
>
> Now I've looked and made sure that the Debian perl modules are there, I've
> checked to see that they are intact and they are. The pass perl checks
> ok.  I've tried replacing with debconf-tiny but cvs and a couple other
> packages require debconf.
>
> Any suggestions?

RTF list. There has been at least two messages in the last couple of days
telling people to install debconf from unstable (while you're at it, grab
libterm-slang-perl and libterm-stool-perl and enjoy shining new slang-based
interface).

HTH
Dima
--