Re: kde virus-like menu masher

Nick Croft wrote:

> Debianites,
>
> Half the attraction of debian is the menu-update system which is activated
> by apt-get or relatives.
>
> I've been happily working away and using either WindowMaker Afterstep or E,
> mainly WindowMaker. On another machine I installed kde (kdebase_4%3a2.0.1-4)
> last December, and had no probs. Liked konqueror.
>
> Yesterday I put (on the main machine) kdebase 4:2.1.0.1-5 and other k packages.

where did you get it from? if it's from a 3rd party source (i.e. kde.tdyc.com
or
something) im not suprised bad things happen. seems that kde users only want
kde..gnome users only want gnome..if you got it from debian's mirrors then
maybe its a known bug ....

i have kde 2.0 installed from tdyc.com(the latest 2.1/2.2 or something was
badly broken the last time i tried to apt-get it) and it runs good. i
like KDM over other display managers(thats the only reason i got kde 2
installed)

(i happily run afterstep..)

nate

--