Re: Debian and Trident 9385 VGA Card

"Greene, Sam" wrote:

> I'm trying to install Debian on my laptop.  My card is listed at
> http://www.xfree86.org/cardlist.html
> as supported.  Is a generic driver the only thing that is offered?  The best
> resolution I can get is
> 640x480.  I configure it for 800x600 and 16 bit color with no luck.

i would try MetroX or AcceleratedX (run a web search for them) they are not
free but well worth it if you can't get Xfree workin for some reason or
another(i bought acceleratedX recently for a solaris8/x86 machine). i have
never tried trident with linux, it was bad enough under other OSs i wouldn't
want to try it under linux :/

note that neither metroX or accelX may support your card...but they might.
both have downloadable demos i think.

nate

--
:::