Re: ximian gnome on unstable

Hello There Jdls,

    To get ximian-gnome on my system, I went to the ximian website. It
    then told me to enter a command that started with lynx -source
    <url>. That insterted a line in my apt/sources.list file. And then
    it ran apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, I believe. You can add
    the line to your sources.list file yourself if you'd like.
    It's     deb http://spidermonkey.ximian.com/distributions/debian
    unstable main    I also have  deb
    http://spidermonkey.ximian.com/1.4beta1/distributions/debian
    unstable main    in there which I got from
    http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/apt-sources/

    If you want red-carpet you can browse
    ftp://spidermonkey.ximian.com/pub/   and go to the redcarpet section
    and download the .deb file and then try to install it. If you get
    any compaints.... like it needing libgnet0, then download the .deb
    of it, install it with dpkg --force-overwrite. This will overwrite
    some files that came with libgnet-dev. Then install the red-carpet
    .deb file. Then download the libgnet-dev .deb file. Install it with
    dpkg --force-overwrite.

Then I think you'll be set. I truly hope that helps you get what you're
looking for.

Best of Luck,

Jimmy Richards
linuxrh@home.com