Tux Laptop Comment and Recommendation.

QLITechnology picked up Tux Laptops.  Here's what I am thinking about:
Emperor (also know as a Dell Insipiron 5000), 15.1",  SXGA+ 1400X1050, 128MB, 20GB HD, CD-ROM, 1.44 FD, and Lucent soft modem with Debian factory installed.
I know the soft-modem rases a red flag, but QLI says that they will include an open source (new) kernal module that works flawlessly.  Supposedly it was written by Lucent Technology.
Comment and Recommendations appreciated!   thanks John