Re: Neet to get PostgreSQL 7.0.X

Hi,

You might want to consider getting the source or tarball of binary
from www.postgresql.org.  I've installed such in /usr/local (to not
mess with Debian packaging) on my potato system and it works quite
nicely.  Especially, if you get the almost-released 7.1 (beta5 IIRC)
which has write-ahead-logging, outer joins, and lots of other
really-appreciated features.  In fact, some of these later postgresql
releases (>6.5) are available as unofficial debian packages for
potato.  Search the postgresql.org mailing list archives.  There's
been discussion of it there.

Hope this helps,

Daniel