Re: So, anyone knows wtf Apache.pm is? Was: Re: Testing upgrade and consequences

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 03:39:53PM -0600, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 02:17:08PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > Have you tried running apache (not apache-perl) and loading mod_perl?
> > It looks to me like you've got some problem caused by the prel 5.6
> > upgrade.
>
> Hmm, interesting... Why tf did I install apache-perl in the first place?
>
> I purged old apache-perl with --force-depends to get a clean slate and
> installed apache. Apacheconfig is still b0rken (there's a full output
> in one of my previous posts if anyone's interested) so I edited config
> files and finally got apache to run.

Well, that's good :)  Perhaps you want to use RCS or CVS to track
config changes ...

> The next update that runs apacheconfig will presumably break it again,
> but that's way better than rebooting your box and finding out that
> apache won't start anymore.

So don't let apacheconfig make changes!  Always answer "n" to thje
prompt.

FWIW I can't get stock apache from testing/unstable to play nice with
mod_perl.  Investigating further ...

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.