debconf bug (was Re: Realplayer: You are running in non-interactive mode...)

on Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 07:45:45PM +0100, Frodo Baggins (thehobbit@altern.org) wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:18:47AM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com scripsit:
> > I filed a bug report on this last night, um, no, that was this morning.
> > Anyway, yes, I'm using testing, and I suspected perl 5.6 as one of the
> > causes.
> >

> No, perl5.6 is not concerned, I was on stable and I had the same
> problem. The problem is that the install script of realplayer is
> wrong. It puts out a needed question with priority 'low' in debconf,
> and debconf is usually configured in such a way to rule out question
> with priority lower than 'medium'
>
> > Anyone got a suggested workaround?
>
> Yes:))
>
> 1. run
>
> dpkg-reconfigure debconf

If you'll look at my post above, you'll note that running this command
results in the error and fails to complete successfully.  I'm pretty
much hosed.

Where is the debconf configuration data stored, and can I modify it by
hand?