Re: Realplayer: You are running in non-interactive mode...

on Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 09:05:39AM +0000, Oliver Payne (oliver.payne@mail.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 11:18:43PM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> > When trying to install/update Realplayer, I get a dialog screen during
> > installation saying:
> >
> >     The Real Player installer cannot proceed.
> >
> >     You are running in non-interactive mode, and the Real Player
> >     installer needs to prompt you to download a file for it to install,
> >     and cannot.  The installation of this package has been aborted.
> >     Please re-install it in interactive mode.
> >
> > Um.  Non-interactive mode of *what*, exactly, and how the fsck do I go
> > to interactive mode?
>
> Could be debconf configured to use non-interactive interface.  Maybe try
> "dpkg-reconfigure debconf" and change it to your preferred interface.

Where is debconf documented?

Anyway, trying your suggestion, I've now got:

    [root@ego:debconf]$ dpkg-reconfigure debconf
    (in cleanup) Can't call method "close" on an undefined value at
    /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/ConfModule.pm line 476 during global
    destruction.

Thoughts?