Re: SSH with IPmasq

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 06:40:41 -0700
ray p <rayp@sisna.com> wrote:

> I have a firewall (floppyfw) based that I am trying to do SSH through to
> my Debian box on the other side and it will not work. I have uncommented
> the lines that are supposed to allow forwarding to the box behind it in
> the scripts and still everytime I try to connect I get connection
> refused. I know that SSH is up and running on my Debian box and can
> connect to it from other machines on my home network. But I can not get
> to it from the other side of the firewall. Any ideas or suggestions please?

If you have a default policy of ACCEPT for all (bad idea) a DNAT rule
in the PREROUTING chain of the nat table and enabling forwarding in
the kernel by:
	echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
would suffice. Else you'll need to allow the packages pass through
nat's POSTROUTING and filtern's FORWARD chain.

It's working here.

HTH

--
Christoph Simon