Re: SSH with IPmasq

To quote ray p <rayp@sisna.com>,
# I have a firewall (floppyfw) based that I am trying to do SSH through
# my Debian box on the other side and it will not work. I have
uncommented
# the lines that are supposed to allow forwarding to the box behind it
in
# the scripts and still everytime I try to connect I get connection
# refused. I know that SSH is up and running on my Debian box and can
# connect to it from other machines on my home network. But I can not
get
# to it from the other side of the firewall. Any ideas or suggestions
please?

I think this is a problem with your router, not Debian.

That said, could you supply some more information? Specifically, any and
all firewall rules that you have set up on the router(to get a list, run
'ipchains -L -n'). If you could attach whatever scripts the floppyfw
uses to set up the firewall, that would be ideal.

Also, you might consider going with a full-featured router-on-a-floppy
distribution. the LRP(Linux Router Project) is good. For something a bit
more friendly, check out the Coyote Linux distribution, which is also
based on the LRP.

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)