----- Forwarded message from Melvin Sebastian <melllow75@yahoo.co.in> -----

From: Melvin Sebastian <melllow75@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:41:33 +0000 (GMT)
To: dsh8290@ritvax.isc.rit.edu

Hi,

My name is melvin and i'm a fresher into the linux environment. I'm
not much exposed to the unix platform. but after installing linux i
found it extremely good and easy to work with.

But since i don know anybody in this field i get stuck up while
configuring something or the other.Like for example right now i'm
stuck up with configuring the sound card in debian.and i'm using a pci
yamaha sound card. and like in RedHat it is not able to configure with
snconfig tool.

Can u pls help me out of this any way or can u tell me whom to
escalate these issues to. i've heard that the mailing list helps a lot
but even after sbscribing there, my subscription was rejected. Can u
pls help me get over this somehow..

regards
Melvin

----- End forwarded message -----