Re: vi/emacs: Loging shell command and output

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 01:37:42PM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
| Sorry, I am using different teminal this time. (windoze)
|
| > I also found that "export term=xterm" stops autocolor-ls to producing
| > escape sequences.  Recorded text after this is printable.
|
| This may be bogus statement but setting term to proper mode shall stop
| autocolor-ls to producing color.  I think....

I think it is "set term to a terminal not supporting color and
autocolor-ls won't output color escapes".  Also, if stdout is not a
terminal, color codes are omitted (eg "ls --color=auto | less").

On a couple of Solaris 7/8 systems I have access to, 'xterm' doesn't
support color (in termcap), but does have underlining and bolding of
text.  It is very annoying since my terminals/emulators support color
just fine (when logging in to a Linux box).  I couldn't find any terms
in /etc/termcap that supported color except for a few special ones
that didn't work at all with my emulator.

-D