Re: manually installing mozilla plugins

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 08:07:56PM -0800, idalton@ferret.phonewave.net wrote:
> > /var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla.postinst
>
> I just tried this. No work. Still no java console, and Mozilla asks me
> to download the --ing plugin.

OK, here's another thing to try.  The very thought of it makes me
cringe, but it works.  I *hate* this aspect of mozilla.  Try giving
yourself write access to the whole mozilla tree.  chgrp it to something
you're in and chmod -R g+w the thing.  That's the only thing I can see
that's different between what you've done and what I've done.

I've managed to work out some of the directories where you *don't* need
write access for it to run, but I don't remember them off hand.

noah