Re: manually installing mozilla plugins

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 08:46:20AM -0800, Dave Carrigan wrote:

> Just load it into mozilla. i.e., load the URL
>
>   file:///path/to/jre.xpi
>
> Mozilla will offer to install the plugin, and do a bunch of stuff then
> hang. Then, you get out of mozilla, cd to the plugins directory and
>
>  ln -s java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so .

    I tried this with the flash plugin, but I can't get mozilla to recognize
it.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be  dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925