Re: debain on windows 2k

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 11:25:42AM +0100, Peter Schnebel wrote:
| hi
|
| On Monday 05 March 2001 09:35, Subramaniam Aiyer (CTS) wrote:
| > hi,
| >      i am trying to install debian linux on my office computer which has
| > only one hard disk i.e no partitions
|
| whats that supposed to mean ?? have you got only one big partition ??
|
| > can i go ahead with the insatllation or should i downgrade to windowsNT.
| >      one of my friend who was installing red hat had to first downgrade to
| > NT. Also, the sysadmin gave some reason of file systems. can anybody please
| > explain further?
| >                                                     thanx,
| >                                                       INDSpeedFreak
|
| the only problem i was facing in this constellation was the win2k
| bootmanager...
| don't ( i mean it ) install lilo in the mbr... you definetly will run into
| problems with win2k...

I agree.  But I offer an easier solution -- use grub.  It is a piece
of cake to dual boot linux and win2k with and even has a Debian
package.  When I had to install linux on the extra partition of a
win2k box at work I couldn't get lilo to chainload windows.  Then I
tried grub and it took no time at all.  Much easier.

-D