Re: exim filters

benalb@escomposlinux.org wrote:

>   Hi,
>
>   I'm trying the exim interface to mail filtering, and, I
>   have sent about five messages to this list. I'm so sorry.
>
>   The filter I'm trying is this:
>
> if personal and
>    $h_from contains "yahoo" or
>    $h_from contains "aol.com" or
>    $h_from contains "hotmail" or
>    $h_from contains "mixmail"
> then
>    mail
>       to $reply_address
>       subject "Re: $h_subject:"
>       file $home/mail/.message
>    save $home/mail/filtrados
> endif
>
>   ¿what am I doing wrong, besides spam this list?

When dealing with mail from this list I don't think your rule there will
work.  Here's a snip from the exim documentation regarding the "personal"
keyword:

----- Begin snip -----
A common requirement is to distinguish between incoming personal mail and
mail from a mailing list. In particular, this test is normally required for
so-called 'vacation messages'. The condition

       personal

is a shorthand for

       $header_to: contains $local_part@$domain and
       $header_from: does not contain $local_part@$domain and
       $header_from: does not contain server@ and
       $header_from: does not contain daemon@ and
       $header_from: does not contain root@ and
       $header_subject: does not contain "circular" and
       $header_precedence: does not contain "bulk" and
       $header_precedence: does not contain "list" and
       $header_precedence: does not contain "junk"
----- End snip -----

The very first line there is where this fails when dealing with this list.
The To: line does *not* contain your address.  It contains the *list*
address.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.