Re: StarOffice installation. - related problem?

On Sunday 04 March 2001 13:23, Kent West wrote:

> > one installed, i can only run the thing as root - as a user it
> > complained about not finding /usr/local/office52/user/sofficerc
> > so i made that file world writeable and now it just fails to start
> > w/o any error.
>
> I've had a similar problem. I tried installing it to
> /usr/local/office52 as root via "setup /net", and that does fine, but
> then I can't run it as a normal user. So I wiped the
> /usr/local/office52 install and installed it as a normal user to that
> normal user's home directory, and that normal user can run it. So
> apparently there's somthing broken about the /net install.

>From the README:

If you wish to run a network installation (multi-user installation),
start (as root) the setup with the option /net. After the network
installation has been completed,  each StarOffice user needs to call up
the setup from the office directory of the network installation
(WITHOUT /net) under their user ID. They will then be able to install
the workstation installation. This will install about 2MB of data into
the corresponding Home directory of each user.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.