upgrading libc6 from 2.1 to 2.2 - trouble brewing?

Tonight I tried to install the latest version of ssh onto my system, but I
wasn't paying close enough attention to the dependencies. Ssh 2.5.1p1
requires libc-2.2.1-2 or higher, and potato uses libc6-2.1.3-15.

I have a vague recollection of problems running apps using libc-2.1 with
libc-2.2, so I thought I'd ask the list since I'm sure at least one person
has tried it. :)

Should I expect any trouble if I simply upgrade to libc-2.2? If so, what is
the best strategy to resolve those problems?

Thanks in advance!

    Colin