Re: Console text scrambled (in a different way :)

re,

Hall Stevenson(hallstevenson@mindspring.com)@Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 01:32:20PM -0500:
> > If I display a file which contains binary data, often there will
> > be a sequence of characters which the console interprets
> > to 'switch character sets' and then any lower case characters
> > become little boxes, or patches of fuzz, yet numbers and
> > upper case characters are unaffected.
> >
> > I know of no way to fix this, although a little script to output
> > the 'switch back to normal mode' characters would be handy
>
> Type "reset", hit Enter. Don't worry if you can't see what you type...
> use one finger to make sure you spell it right !! ;-)

I remember the times when people where _flashing_ on irc :)
(sending some kind of combination of binary data to render your terminal unreadable).
The easy fix for that was "echo c" that's echo ctrl-v esc-c

--
	 People using html in email should be shot.

Democracy can learn some things from Communism: for example, when a
Communist politician is through, he is through.

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation.