From: Jason Nord
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 9:49 PM
Subject: Shutting down a NIC

Here's the situation:

I have an NE2000 compatible NIC (jumperless ISA), and when I installed Debian, it was detected and ne.o loaded fine.  After that i did a pnpdump, and since then the NIC hasn't been responding (device busy)

The "act" light on the back of the NIC is flashing, and I unloaded 8390.o and ne.o, even tried rebooting to see if it would shut it down, but no effect.

Any suggestions on how to shut it down would be appreciated!