[OT]Can someone help me understand these mail headers?

This was from a recent bit of spam to hit the debian user list.
Spamcop resolved the sources out to be something in the *.cn namespace
(wherever that is), but I noticed that the "From:" header referenced
my local little ISP, so I'm a little interested in this...

Please correct any analysis mistakes I make.  I'm really just guessing
at this stuff....

JJL-> This is the envelope From header and shows that it was delivered
to me from the debian list.  Nothing interesting here...
From bounce-debian-user=jjlupa=jamdata.net@lists.debian.org Wed Feb 28 21:51:17 2001

JJL-> This is just me getting the message from pop3. Again nothing interesting...
	by localhost with POP3 (fetchmail-5.3.3)
	for jjlupa@localhost (single-drop); Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:51:17 -0500 (EST)

JJL-> And this the debian machine distributing the message to my ISP
for me.
	by dns1.jamdata.net (8.9.3/8.9.3) with SMTP id FAA20804
	for <jjlupa@jamdata.net>; Wed, 28 Feb 2001 05:33:36 -0500

JJL-> This is an utterly useless header, correct?  Settable by the client?

JJL-> And these are the things used to track this down to that *.cn address
	 Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:34:43 +0800

JJL-> Notice this here... This is actually what was wigging me out.
From: <ÖÐÏãÍø@dns1.jamdata.net>
Sender: <hbphbpp@china.com>

Is this just some random happenstance that they set the From: header
for the dns server for my ISP?  Or is it an indication of a problem
with configuration on my ISPs end?

This is all kind of amusing for me since I know the guys who run this
ISP, and they have all of about 200 subscribers... real small
operation out of my buddies garage.

Thanks for any help!
-Jonathan

--