Re: pavuk support for reading from Mozilla cache directory

Stefan Ondrejicka <ondrej@idata.sk> wrote:

(Cc'ing on the assumption that if you don't use Debian you won't be
reading debian-user; I'd make sure the person you were replying to got
it instead, but I'm not sure who that is or if the question originated
on this list ...)

>On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, csj wrote:
>> Mozilla cache support appears to be working under Mandrake 7.2. But I
>> cannot get Mozilla or Netscape cache support to compile under Debian.
>> In Debian I have libdb2 (Berkeley database routines 2.4.14-2.7.7.1).
>> You did mention previously that I need "BerkeleyDB-1.8x," but I
>> cannot find the development files for 1.8 in Debian.
>
>I don't use Debian, so I don't know what package you need to get
>development files for Berkerley DB 1.8x .

libdb2-dev contains those development files (/usr/include/db2_185.h or
/usr/include/db2/db_185.h; the version in Debian unstable has a
/usr/include/db_185.h compatibility symlink as well).

>Maybe you can ask Petr Cech who is maintainer of Debian pavuk package.
>Or if you don't mind, download Berkeley DB 1.85 package from
>www.sleepycat.com and install it from sources, this will sure work :-)

Having both the libdb2 package and a source install of Berkeley DB may
wreak entertainment on your system, though, so I'd recommend not doing
it unless you're very careful. :)