Re: pavuk support for reading from Mozilla cache directory

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, csj wrote:

Hello,

> I have just downloaded 0.9pl28d. Thanks.

:-) You are welcome.

> Mozilla cache support appears to be working under Mandrake 7.2. But I
> cannot get Mozilla or Netscape cache support to compile under Debian.
> In Debian I have libdb2 (Berkeley database routines 2.4.14-2.7.7.1).
> You did mention previously that I need "BerkeleyDB-1.8x," but I
> cannot find the development files for 1.8 in Debian.
>
> debian:/# apt-cache search Berkeley | grep "libdb1"
> libdb1 - The Berkeley database routines (runtime version
>
> The actual file name and version number is "libdb1_1.85.4-4.deb"

I don't use Debian, so I don't know what package you need to get
development files for Berkerley DB 1.8x . Maybe you can ask Petr Cech who
is maintainer of Debian pavuk package. Or if you don't mind, download
Berkeley DB 1.85 package from www.sleepycat.com and install it from
sources, this will sure work :-)

Best regards,
Stevo.

--
Stefan Ondrejicka <ondrej@idata.sk>
Beethovenova 11, 917 08 Trnava, Slovakia