Re: Considering Debian

If the software exists in the Debian repository, you can always do an apt-get
source <package name> which will dowload the source, to which you can make
minor alterations as need be (like including debugging symbols), and then
build the package using the existing rules setup by the package maintainer.

Just a thought.

Sean

--
Silence is the only virtue you have left.