Re: KDE2 install - Fixed + ?

All thanks for the help.

I got it working by adding the kde.tdyc.com/pub/dke and doing the
following:

apt-get update
apt-get install kdebase

I had to issue a dpkg --configure -a as I got a segfalt. But it must
have recoverd correctly as I'm using Netscape under KDE to send this.
:)

My impression after 5 minutes of use:  I like it.

Though why do I have to login twice?  Once from a command line and
again after about 30-45 seconds after X autostarts on me (and why is X
autostarting)?

John.

John Mautz wrote:

> > Okay, I added -
> >
> > Add:
> >
> > ftp://kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde potato main crypto optional qt1apps

<snip>