Re: ssh on Debian, not connecting to OpenBSD 2.7 ["Disconnecting: Bad packet length 1349676916"]

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 04:37:20PM -0800, Dave Taira wrote:

> A google search reveals a few other people having the same problem.
> Ed Vazquez, Jr. seems to have avoided the error by avoiding any
> references to the AES/rijndael cipher in ssh_config
> (http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/OpenBSD/256/0/5019242/).

Thanks.  I'll try that.  I've tried a few things but they didn't
work, hence I posted here.

> Offhand, I'd recommend updating OpenSSH on the Debian box to 2.5.1p1,
> available from many mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/portable.html.

Will do.

> But if you want to try to track down the root cause, there are a couple
> more data points which may (or may not) be useful. 1) What version of
> sshd is running on the OpenBSD box? 2) What does `ssh -v` say?

bash-2.04$ ssh -V
SSH Version OpenSSH-2.1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.
Compiled with SSL (0x0090581f).

--
Darren Wyn Rees	            merlin@netlink.co.uk
ASK your ISP to ADD the NEW england.* Newsgroups